Thursday, July 12, 2012

CUT OFF JEAN SHORTS

So My project of the day was To make my daughters some shorts.... They came to me this morning and said Mum I just love these Jean Shorts Can you buy me some more... Well I thought to myself SELF these girls have so many clothes already why should I go and Buy them More.... So I Put My thinking Cap On and Remember a post I had Pinned on Pinterest a while ago so I serched back through my boards and Clicked on this Link by Secrets of a Super Mommy ....




HERE IS WHAT I MADE

First I Found an old pair of jeans that the girls had  blown out the knees in and I knew that by the winter they would be too short for them anyways cause they are growing like little weeds

Then I cut them off to shorts length....

Then I went through my Piles and Piles of Lace that I had sitting around and I had purchased for $5 for the whole box load at a local garage sale... I don't normally go to garage sales But I may have to start cause I really scored at this one..:)...and once I had found the right Lace that I wanted I attached it with Pins as you can see in the picture...

Once it was all pinned I then Sewed it to the bottom of the shorts legs, removed the pins and WOLLA! My Girls have a new Stylish pair of jeans to wear for this summer.... And the Total cost of these Shorts $0....




My Daughter Jessie had first dibs on this pair so now I need to get to making the other daughter a pair... The great thing about it is that they can both wear this pair since they are twins and the same size... A bonus  for me.... I'm Thinking also the next time I make a pair of shorts for them since this was so easy to do, I may add some material Patches to them or I may even cut some holes in them and Put the colorful Patches on the inside since it is all the rage right now...
Cheers! I hope you enjoyed this as much as I did Making them and seeing that Smile on there face when they were done.:)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment